SEYI BICKERSTETH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME / 2021
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
SEYI BICKERSTETH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund in partnership with KPMG, Andersen and Leadway Assurance Company Limited invites suitably qualified applicants for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP).
The scholarship is in honour of Seyi Bickersteth who served as Senior Partner of KPMG in Nigeria from 2002 to 2016, and Chairman, KPMG Africa from 2014 to 2016. Upon retirement, he served on Boards including Leadway Assurance and was also the Regional Managing Partner and Chairman of Andersen Africa. Beyond being a leader, Seyi Bickersteth was a mentor and a teacher, who was passionate about the development of everyone around him, which is why an educational fund has been created in his honour.
Beneficiaries of the programme will receive a scholarship grant worth Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N400,000) annually. Asides the scholarship grant, beneficiaries will also receive:
- Summer internship opportunities during the holiday or while they are on National Industrial attachment.
- Mentorship opportunities and exposure.
- Upon completion, candidates will be eligible to work at any of the three firms (KPMG, Leadway Assurance or Andersen) if they graduate with a First Class or Second Class Upper Division degree.
Carefully read the Eligibility/Requirement, How To Apply, and Frequently Asked Questions pages for other important details.
Applications should be submitted on or before September 28, 2021.
The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
- Application for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP) is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP)
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- KPMG, Andersen and Leadway Assurance Company Limited did NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only students that are not currently on any scholarship scheme are eligible
Eligibility CriteriaCandidates must meet the following criteria:
1. A minimum of 5 Distinctions (As & Bs) from their WASSCE (including English and Mathematics).
2. Student's SSCE results cannot also be older than 2 years.
3. A minimum score of 230 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
4. Candidates must have admission into a Federal University in Nigeria.
5. Candidates’ four-year course must be in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Insurance or Actuarial Sciences
6. Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme is open to students just admitted into100 level of their studies at the time of application. The scholarship is open to students who attended public secondary schools in Nigeria or private secondary schools (where the student received scholarship to attend)
7. Only students that are not currently on any scholarship scheme are eligible.
1. Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SBSP2021
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O' Level Result(s); and 'A' Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- 1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SBSP2021 to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
14. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- 15. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SBSP2021 and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
FAQ For Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP)1. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does KPMG, Andersen or Leadway Assurance charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. KPMG Nigeria, Andersen and Leadway Assurance Company Limited does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. Who is eligible for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme?
Undergraduates in 100 level in universities in Nigeria (Please read eligibility requirements thoroughly)
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised Federal University in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).
7. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a University?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
8. I am a Part-time student/Distant Learning/Online learning in a Nigerian University, am I eligible for the scholarship?
No, the scholarship is open to FULL TIME students only
9. I am a resident in a foreign country. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) can he / she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a certain age group to qualify for the scholarship?
13. I have applied before; can I apply again this year?
14. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
15. How do I apply? You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are available on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/KMPGScholarship2021
16. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
17. Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to KPMG, Andersen or Leadway Assurance?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
18. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
19. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
20. Can I apply through an agent or a KPMG, Andersen or Leadway Assurance representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, KPMG, Andersen and Leadway Assurance has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers).
For further inquiries;
Call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays)
Follow us on Twitter: @scholastica_Ng
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scholastica-Nigeria/247300338737765