2021 NNPC / NAOC / OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
NIGERIAN AGIP OIL COMPANY LIMITED
Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/OOL Joint Venture
R. C. 2974
2021 NAOC TERTIARY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME: APPLICATION/EXAMINATION
The NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2021 Tertiary Scholarship Scheme, effective April 19th to May 30th 2021
Category of Awards
- Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities
- Application for NAOC Tertiary Scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- NAOC does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test online or at designated test centres.
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 academic session)
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependents of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
NOTE: The aptitude test will take place either online (remotely) or at designated centers to be communicated to shortlisted applicants. Applicants are to indicate at the point of application whether they wish to write the test online at their own comfort or at designated test centres (cost of transportation to the centres to be borne by applicants).
Application is open to 100
level students only.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
4. Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
5. All candidates are required to fill and sign the NAOC compliance declaration form. To download the NAOC compliance declaration, click https://dragnetscreening.ng/files/NAOC_compliance.pdf
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2021 to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application
FAQ For NAOC Tertiary Scholarship Scheme1. How do I apply for the NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship?
Full time 100 level students in Nigerian tertiary Institutions studying any of the courses listed on the Requirement/Eligibility page or indigenes of NAOC Host Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States. The applicant must have gained admission during the 2019/2020 or 2020/2021 academic session.
3. I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply? No. Current beneficiaries of International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not be eligible to apply to this scheme.
4. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? Read through the courses listed in the Requirement/Eligibility page to confirm eligibility.
5. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
6. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
7. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
8. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
9. How do I create my profile and apply?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click 2020/2021 NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
10. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
11. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 10 on how to do this.
12. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don't have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
13. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
14. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your pass-port must be in JPEG, other files can be PDF, DOC, DOCX.
15. My course of study is not listed in my institution list of courses in the online application form. What do I do?
If your course of study is not in your institution's course list in the online application form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added. Note that this pertains to adding the course to your institution's list of offered courses only, it does not essentiallly make the course eligible for application. Carefully read the Eligibility/Requirements page for the list of eligible courses.
16. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by email@example.com You can also visit your profile to view the status of your application.
17. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes at the stipulated deadline.
18. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
19. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
20. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 30th May 2021. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline
21. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award category that applies to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and correctly provide all the required information and documentation.
22. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility requirements section.
23. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
24. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?
FAQ For Online Proctored Test1. How do I know that my computer meets the requirements for the Test?
Kindly go to https://network-test.talview.com/ and check your computer suitability before the test.
2. Is there an alternative provision for calculator?
If the assessment you are taking requires a calculator, one will be automatically provided on the test page.
3. Questions are not displaying?
Once you have completed all pretest checks, go through the test instructions and then click on the “Next” button at the bottom right to proceed to answer questions.
4. Can only view “Attempt all questions”, “Next” button not showing?
The “Next” button would be at the bottom right of the test screen.
5. Invalid username and password?
Please type in exactly what was sent to you.
6. Must the laptop have a webcam and why do I need a webcam for the test?
A webcam is a compulsory requirement as this would be used to record and monitor your test.
7. Can I upload a scanned ID card?
Yes, you can upload a scanned ID card before starting the test.
8. Can I make use of an iPad in place of laptop for the test?
No, only computers can be used for the test.
9. Getting response that I am not currently scheduled for an assessment?
This could be because you are trying to login outside of your schedule testing duration or you have already completed the test.
10. The page keeps loading
All settings take a couple of minutes to load. Slow loading is as a result of internet connection. Please check your connection and try again.
11. Webcam unable to capture ID card and face properly?
Ensure you are in a room with proper lighting. Also, ensure you are properly positioned in front of the webcam. During the test, ensure you limit unnecessary face movement.
12. Audio detect page is hanging
Please check that the computer you are using does not have any hardware issues.
13. Unable to submit and logged out
Please check your internet connection. Ensure all uploads get to 100% and the “Test Completed Successfully” is displayed before closing the page.
For enquiries, complaints
and technical assistance:
Call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays)
Follow us on Twitter: @scholastica_Ng
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scholastica-Nigeria/247300338737765