AOS Orwell / Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2021
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
Application for AOS Orwell Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2021AOS Orwell is one of the foremost Indigenous Oilfield Servicing Companies in the country, with service offerings that cover Wellbore Construction; Process Automation & Control; Oilfield Tubular & Accessory Manufacturing & Repair. The AOS Orwell Rivers State Scholarship stems from the company's commitment and social responsibility to its community.
AOS Orwell invites applications from qualified students of the River State University for the AOS Orwell Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2021 Programme.
Eligible 200 Level students in Rivers State University studying Engineering are invited to submit an electronic application via this portal.
Ensure you read through all the information in the different tabs before you begin your application.
Applications should be submitted on or before August 15, 2021.
The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying in Rivers State University.
Applicants must: ·
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study (2018/2019 admission year)
- Be a student of Rivers State University (RSU)
- Be studying Engineering
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
Application closes Midnight 15th August 2021
Selected students will be invited for computer-based qualifying tests in a selected examination center in Rivers State. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that valid GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the website.
Application is only open to full-time 200 level students admitted during the 2018/2019 academic session.
- 1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission Letter
- O' Level Result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
- 1. Click on "Register/Log in" to create an account or log in to your Scholastica account.
2. Proceed to your email box to activate your account for newly registered applicants.
3. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/aosorwell to return to the Scholarship site.
4. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
5. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
6. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
7. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
8. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
9. Recheck application information to avoid errors
10. Return to the Home page, click on the scheme you wish to apply, and click "Apply Now" to submit information
11. You will receive a notification displayed on the screen you have successfully applied. To confirm, check "My application" under "My account" section on your profile account.
12. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your verification profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
13. Upload a scanned copy of the signed verification profile, this would be used for verification.
14. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- 15. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/aosorwell and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty
1. How do I apply for the AOS Orwell Tertiary Scholarship Scheme award?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from the online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the AOS Orwell Scholarship Scheme?
The application is open to 200 Level Engineering students of Rivers State University. The applicant must have gained admission during the 2018/2019 academic session.
3. Is it compulsory to get my NIN before I submit my application?
No. You are advised to apply before the application deadline and update your profile later after you have obtained your NIN.
4. I am a current AOS Orwell scholarship beneficiary, do I still need to apply? No. Current AOS Orwell beneficiaries should not apply for this scheme.
5. I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply? No. Current beneficiaries of International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not be eligible to apply to this scheme.
6. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? The application is only open to Rivers State University of Science and Technology undergraduates studying any Engineering Course.
7. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution before I apply for the scholarship?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into any recognized Nigerian University.
8. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
9. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of the campaign.
9. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
10. How do I create my profile?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click AOS Orwell University Scholarship to open the scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right-hand corner of your screen to apply.
11. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your Scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you confirming it.
12. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit/make changes to your application online. Refer to question 11 on how to do this.
13. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application, or do I have to re-apply?
No, you don't have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
14. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select the appropriate document from the drop-down list, and upload.
15. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photographs and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
16. I cannot find my course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your course of study is not on the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale, and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added
17. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by email@example.com You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.
18. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
19. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria.
Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
20. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
21. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 8th August 2021. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
22. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility Requirements section.
23. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
24. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?