2022 Chevron Nigeria Limited JV Scholarship Awards / Schemes
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
CHEVRON NIGERIA LIMITEDOperator of the NNPC\CHEVRON Joint Venture
2022 NNPC/CHEVRON JV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) in collaboration with its Joint Venture (JV) partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC), is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to suitably qualified Nigerian students from all States of the Federation. The scholarship program is a major component of our strategic social investment in the development of education in Nigeria..
Carefully read the Requirement/Eligibility, How To Apply and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more details
- Applications should be submitted on or before 23rd June 2023.
- Only applications submitted through this web portal will be considered.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program.
- There will be no computer-based test. Selection of successful candidates will be based on a combination of academic indices from credentials submitted by students.
- All interested students should submit accurate and complete information.
- Applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship award program are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), its joint venture partner, Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) or any of its affiliates.
- Applicants and successful candidates are not required to make any payments whatsoever. Application for 2022 NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program is free.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- CNL does NOT assign representatives or agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- If awarded the scholarship, you cannot transfer the offer to another university or course of study.
For enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy statement: http://www.chevron.com/privacystatement/
E-applications are invited from:
1. Full-time, SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students studying any of the under listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
(Note that these are candidates admitted in the 2020/2021 academic session. Kindly verify which academic session you fall into before completing your application)
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Geology/Geophysics/Geo Informatics
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 in a 5.0 grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Have a minimum of six O-level credits in one sitting.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in a 5.0 grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Have a minimum of five O-level credits.
QUALIFICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should click on the "How To Apply" tab to proceed.
Deadline: Closing date for receipt of e-applications is strictly 23rd June 2023.
Please note that we will accept applications through this web site address only. Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed. All interested students are advised to click on “How to Apply” tab to proceed.
MULTIPLE APPLICATION LEADS TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
Privacy statement: http://www.chevron.com/privacystatement/
Please note that applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV scholarship are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited, its JV Partners, or any of its affiliates, including the Agbami scholarship program published simultaneously with this NNPC/CNL JV scholarship program.
Application is only open to full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) students admitted during 2020/2021 academic session. Kindly verify which academic session you fall into before completing your application.
- 1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph not more than 6 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- O' Level Result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2022CNLawards to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Return to "Active Scholarships" and Click on the scheme you wish to apply and Click "Apply Now" to submit information
12. You will receive a notification displayed on the screen and via email that you have successfully applied. To confirm Check "My application" under "My account" section on your profile account.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Privacy statement: http://www.chevron.com/privacystatement/
do I apply for the NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship?
Full time 200 level students in Nigerian tertiary Institutions studying any of the courses listed on the Requirement/Eligibility page. The applicant must have gained admission during the 2020/2021 academic session or Level 200 D.E admission during the 2021/2022 academic session.
3. I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply?
No. Current beneficiaries of International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not be eligible to apply to this scheme.
4. I applied for the 2022 Agbami scholarship scheme, can I apply for this scheme?
No. 2022 Agbami scholarship applicants are not allowed to apply for this scheme as clearly stated in the "Eligibility Requirements" instructions.
5. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship?
Read through the courses listed in the Requirement/Eligibility page to confirm eligibility.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
7. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
8. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
9. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
10. How do I create my profile and apply?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click 2022 NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
11. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
12. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 11 on how to do this.
13. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don't have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
14. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
15. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your pass-port must be in JPEG, other files can be PDF, DOC, DOCX.
16. My course of study is not listed in my institution list of courses in the online application form. What do I do?
If your course of study is not in your institution's course list in the online application form, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added. Note that this pertains to adding the course to your institution's list of offered courses only, it does not essentially make the course eligible for application. Carefully read the Eligibility/Requirements page for the list of eligible courses.
17. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit your profile to view the status of your application.
18. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes at the stipulated deadline.
19. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
20. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
21. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 23rd June 2023. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline
22. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and correctly provide all the required information and documentation.
23. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility requirements section.
24. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
25. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?